Remote Test Site Shoot #2 - 12.5 mm Helicopter

attached image

Date: 2004-03-19


Using the 1/2" and 3/8" saxon tooling I got from Wolter Pyro Tools I made a pair of helicopters for testing.

I used the same slow meal as the flying hummers. I primed and fused as usual but used a padle pop stick for the 9.5 mm unit and a tounge depressor for the 12.5 mm one.


Sucked Badly!

The 9.5 mm unit did not ignite. Once I got it back to the lab I found I hadn't quite drilled in far enough to hit the powder in the pocket of the end plug. I've refused it and added a stick, it will be retested eventually, but I am not optimistic.

The 12.5 mm version thrashed around until it knocked its wings off then burnt for a rather long time as a fountian. Clearly this batch of meal composition is just not fast enough. It would work well as a saxon though, and perhaps as a rocket propellant with a short core.


title type size
Test Video video/x-msvideo 3.813 Mbytes
Pre-Test Picture image/jpeg 56.901 kbytes
Post-Mortem Picture image/jpeg 45.258 kbytes